Warrior Question – “Are these sources of protein good: Lentils, hemp seeds, flaxseeds, chia seeds?
Which one is better overall? Quinoa vs Brown rice for carbs. Are nuts okay? Almonds and the likes?”
Organic legumes are ok. Lentils, hummus, black beans in moderation are fine. They have MACs which feed your gut microbiota. Avoid the canned beans, cook them down to remove the lectins, then store in fridge and add to salads and meals.
Nuts and seeds are ok organic hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds are ideal.
Almonds, brazil nuts, coconut flakes, raisins, are good. Make your own trail mix with all of those, put on a pan with some raw wildflower honey glaze and bake for a while, then let air dry. It’s delicious snacking. Avoid peanuts.
As far as grains, Organic quinoa is best, brown rice and organic whole grains if you choose to eat grains. They should be a small portion of your plate. It is particularly important to go organic with grains, specifically wheat, as conventional can contain high amounts of glyphosate “Roundup” herbicide in and on plant foods.
Do not overeat any grains or meats.
Fill up on fruits and veggies throughout the day for your carbs. The more days you can go grain-free right now, the better. If you can have some meat-free days too, that is ideal for initial detoxification.
You will find your sweet spot dietary choices, based on your unique community of resident and transient gut bacteria as they come back to life. It’s not exactly one size fits all, but fruits and veggies do work for every human who wants to heal.
Remember, the name of the game here is to restore and diversify your gut bacteria and this takes years. The more probiotic bacteria you introduce and the more, diverse complex carbs (fibers) you feed them will speed up your progress.
1. Consistent pure water with lemon or lime squeezed in
2. Celery juicing
3. Liquid plant and soil probiotics – https://phwarrior.com/probiotics
4. Fruits grazing (organic when you eat the skin) follow my priority list – https://phwarrior.com/foods
5. Vegetables (leafy green salad with ACV and cold pressed olive oil, hummus before dinner) follow my priority list – https://phwarrior.com/foods
6. Organic Herbal spices on meals; turmeric (put this in your herbal teas or in coffees as well), italian seasonings, celtic sea salt (http://amzn.to/1ZgzvE0), Atlantic dulse flakes (http://amzn.to/2hVTwTQ)
7. Herbal teas (click here for my priority list)
8. Fermented foods – quality yogurt with no added sugars, Bragg ACV, Kombucha, cold-kept saurkraut, cabbages, pickles etc. Avoid citric acid (stuff in the dry aisles) as much as possible.
9. Goat kefir
10. Organic meats in moderation are fine, fishes, turkey, chicken. Try to avoid pork and a lot of eggs or red meat for a while to take pressure off liver and pancreas. If you can have a few meat free days per week for the first 6 months, this will help ramp up the liver cleansing process and help the pancreas heal.
Stick to that spreadsheet the best you can and you will make the best progress.
My 6-Step morning routine – https://www.psoriasisdiary.com/2018/05/22/morning-heal-psoriasis/
1. Zinc (put some drops in your water bottle) – https://amzn.to/2LPqFQU
2. Magnesium (take with meals) – https://amzn.to/2LZ6Kyh
3. Vit D3 (getting a couple minutes of sunlight everyday is ideal) – https://amzn.to/2KomGoE
Fruit, fruit, fruit, graze all day on frozen wild blueberries, dark grapes, blackberries, red apples, papaya, cantaloupe, watermelon. Eat Organic whenever possible. This will get the kidneys filtering, the liver cleansing and the pancreas easing. Eat fruits early in the day that help you digest other foods you eat later in the day.
The first metrics of progress are ALL internal. Digestive improvement, easy quick bowel movements on schedule, urine becoming more yellow and darker in color, no heartburn, diarrhea, or constipation. Focus on these symptoms going away for the first few months. The skin will show signs at 6-7 months.
1. Probiotics mist – https://phwarrior.com/mist
2. Probiotics shampoo / body wash – https://phwarrior.com/shampoo
3. Castor oil – http://amzn.to/2tOmbfQ
Sensible sunlight on the skin, ideally in early mornings or later evenings.
4. Baths with borax powder, epsom salts, coconut oil
5. rub essential oils on bottom of big toes, thumbs, back of ear lobes and inner wrist – https://amzn.to/2AFbAfu
6. CBD lotion and salve – https://phwarrior.com/medicine#cbd
Daily breathing exercises – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbs49mL9I2s
Get after it Warrior, lmk any questions, I’m here for you.
Much Love, Mad Respect, More Healing. ~Matt fellow PHWarrior