I know there are a lot of diets out there, we are becoming more afraid of food with all the conflicting information. AIP, Paleo, Nightshade, eat this, not that. We get to a point where we feel like we can’t eat anything anymore!! What the heck, man!?! 😉
So, lets simplify it and keep the mind busy on practicing, so it doesn’t wander into frustration!
I made progress when I focused on one thing and mastered it each week or two while not worrying about “EVERYTHING” at once.
I focused much more on what I was ADDING to heal, than SUBTRACTING everything I loved to eat.
Diets that suggest lots of animal fats, low carbs, no fruit are NO good, especially at first when your liver and gut need to repair, flush and heal.
Animal fats are really hard on the liver, and when it’s overtaxed, it can leave partially digested animal fats in the gut to putrefy and turn into food for pathogens and parasites. Stick to chicken, wild-caught river fish, lamb, turkey mostly. A little red meat here or there is ok, just avoid pork as much as possible.
Watch My Psoriasis Diet Skills Video Series
FRUITS ARE YOUR FRIENDS, DO NOT FEAR THEM.
Try to go with just chicken, turkey or fresh/frozen wild caught river fish; (i.e. salmon, trout and bass) for animal meats right now as much as you can and not at every meal.
With meals, add coconut oil, olive oil, celtic salt, himalayan salt, garlic, herbs and spices. You will find that these bring a lot of flavor to food for your cooking.
Have a leafy salad before dinner, make that a rule, 10 minutes before, while you cook, eat your salad, with olive oil, bragg apple cider vinegar, himalayan salt, almond, pumpkin seeds for crunch and any veggies and fruits you want.
Stick with almonds and pumpkin seeds. No peanuts.
Try to minimize eggs for now. A few each week are not bad.
Use avocados, coconut oil, flax oil and flax seeds for protein and good fats.
So over the next few weeks, master one thing per week in this order:
- Alkaline Water 3-4 liters every 24 hours – 1 liter with 1 whole lemon to start morning:
- liquid chlorophyll – http://goo.gl/6STO6O
- trace mineral drops – http://amzn.to/1JG57zr
- if you can’t get the drops you can add up to 1/4 teaspoon celtic salt (http://amzn.to/1ZgzvE0) or himalayan salt (http://amzn.to/1VoPi0I) per liter of water
- coconut water
- keep a water bottle with you and keep it filled up and keep emptying it 😉
- green juicing
- Start morning with 8-16oz of ONLY fresh-made celery juice on empty stomach
- Then do other simple juices in afternoon/evening like cucumber, apple, grape, grapefruit, spinach, ginger, cilantro, parsley, broccoli and asparagus – any combination of those
- A good inexpensive juicer to get is the Hamilton Beach big mouth juicer – http://amzn.to/1oHipm9
- Try to do the celery juice 4-5x per week, beyond that, just juice when you can. I know it takes a while, you have to clean the juicer, just build your skills up and stop worrying about time. Moment awareness provides therapy in the process. If you miss a juice, if you miss a week, no worries, there’s always a new week to start fresh.
- herbal teas – click here for my priority list of teas and liquid herbs to have DAILY.
- for breakfast and/or lunch make a smoothie with a focus on ingredients that improve central nervous system health
- frozen fruits; wild blueberries, mango, black raspberry, red raspberry, papaya, strawberry
- fresh fruits; bananas, grapes, kiwi, blueberries, berries, melon, watermelon
- fresh veggies; cilantro, spinach, asparagus, kale, cucumber, carrot
- Hawaiian spirulina & greens powder
- Click here for my favorite healing smoothie.
- avocados, ginger, garlic, turmeric, black pepper, herbs/spices
- sweet potato, quinoa, any green vegetables steamed or light saute in coconut oil / olive oil
- white rice, or veggie-based noodles are ok some nights.
- coconut oil, olive oil, bragg apple cider vinegar on salads before dinner
- chicken for an animal protein, or fresh/frozen wild caught river fish; salmon, trout, bass
- graze every couple hours, always have a red apple, orange, some berries, celery sticks, carrot sticks, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, raw almonds available to snack on. Never go more than 2 hours without eating something.
- For sweetening, use raw honey and raw stevia
- go organic for fruits and veggies as much as possible. For lemons, oranges, avocados, grapefruit with thicker skin you can save money on those and not go organic, but anything you eat the skin of or leafy, try organic if you can.
- Click this link and look at Column A on the spreadsheet for a grocery list of foods to go off of – Click here for a grocery list and healing remedies
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you have a piece of pizza, a beer, a cookie, some cake, whatever, I don’t care about what it is. What I DO care about is that you don’t build guilt and just get back to work. A cookie aint gonna kill your progress, only your mind will. Just keep the mind busy on the protocol. When you slip off the horse, jump back on before the cart runs you over.
- keep it aerobic as much as possible, do not over-exert into anabolic acidic state for too long.
- isometric planks, stability ball, push ups, squats, lunges with no weights.
- Yoga, very important for deep breathing, stretching, moving lymphatic, meditation
- Try these Qigong movements when you wake up as you drink that first liter of lemon water – https://www.youtube.com/
You can have some black coffee. If you want to use milk, try almond or coconut milk. I put a teaspoon of coconut oil in my coffee, it gives it body and a buttery flavor.
Also, try and have an herbal tea with raw honey, slice of lemon and some coconut oil here and there.
This is my top10 list of teas to have any of – http://www.psoriasisdiary.
This is plenty of homework to keep you busy for the next six weeks! Soon, I will make a post on herbal supplements once your body is healing from whole raw fruits and veggies and your are absorbing nutrients effectively.
If you want to get one supplement right now, get Hawaiian Spirulina powder, 1 teaspoon in water, smoothie or juice, stir and drink, it’s a multi-vitamin and an amazing detoxer – http://amzn.to/1KeTWyb
you can do the tablets not as ideal as the powder, but still very effective – http://amzn.to/1oBewyA
Do not get too caught up in trendy diets like AIP, Nightshade or Paleo or specifics. Your body needs to heal and flush toxins. The above steps will do that. Click here for my ABCs and 123s for a Psoriasis diet strategy.
Avoid alcohol, white sugar, junk food, BCBs (Boxes-Cans-Bags), red meat, dairy, gluten and cigarettes as much as possible for a while.
With that said, when you do have a treat or go out to eat DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. Eat, Enjoy, drink your Alkaline Water and get back to work. NO GUILT, NO REGRETS.
Don’t cheat yoself, TREAT yoself
Last, but certainly not least, VERY IMPORTANT, as you eat healing foods and bring in fluids, the body will start to detox and this has a set of symptoms; very itchy, redness, heat, swelling, new spots popping up in places you never had them before, fatigue, congestion, cold symptoms, aches and pains, nerve pain, emotional drain, hormonal imbalance, mood swings, anger, frustration, doubt, fear and negative thoughts.
Do not fear that the diet is causing this, it’s not. What’s happening is the healing foods and drink are FUEL that the body is using to reverse causes of the Psoriasis response. This reversal is causing these symptoms, they are signs of progress and must be embraced as part of the process.
Do not gauge any progress internally until six weeks in, then six months in externally (on your skin).
Your body is simply applying all energy and fuel to the healing process as it grows confidence in you to continue to fuel it.
At six weeks, you will notice digestive issues healing; constipation, heartburn, IBS, gastric problems, stomach pain, sluggish liver, diarrhea, nausea and ulcers.
The skin will show signs of healing at four to six months, depending on how deep the toxins are and how much toxic load you have to remove.
Read more about the Healing Crisis at this link – Healing Crisis
Keep fighting the good fight!
Click this link to see more remedies I use as I apply them myself and research every day! – www.psoriasisdiary.com/remedies