I want to keep my post on a diet for healing Psoriasis as simple as possible. I created & adhered to a few principles to allow myself to transition properly and stick to it:
- I swore I would not be too hard on myself
- I would focus on what to ADD, more than what to SUBTRACT
- I would take the transition slowly & embrace the long journey
- I would strive to minimize acidic foods and drinks I love, but NOT try to CUT OUT anything completely and have a treat day or two per week.
- I would strive to maximize healing foods and alkaline water I needed
- Most importantly, I would not measure progress by any one given day, good OR bad
I want you to write down this list above, where you will look at it every morning as you build up the proper practice around a Psoriasis diet that will heal you.
Commit it to memory, and start the morning out with a good stretch, and some breathing exercises. I’ll make another post that outlines the qi-gong, yoga and stability ball exercises I do soon.
Watch My Psoriasis Diet Skills Video Series
You must first find and be at peace with your healing, before any dietary approaches will really sustain and work.
This is the mind’s release to the body’s needs.
The mind must begin letting go of the desires attached to food and lifestyle a little bit, while embracing the new way of letting your body dictate nutrients, taste, flavors and fulfillment.
It is very important to release the tensions, anxieties and negative energies that all lead to stress as you are fundamentally adjusting your diet. It will get easier as your focus and awareness build up.
Stress reduction is a large part of healing naturally. You watch, when you find more peace in your life and your diet, you will notice marked improvements in your Psoriasis spots and joint pains.
I want you to understand that you may face any and all symptoms of your body as it digs deeper while you continue your commitment to the proper fuels it needs.
Your body needs to build up confidence in you, that overall, you will maximize the healing fuel, while minimizing the acids.
Ok, Here are my ABCs and 123s to focus on to keep your diet for Psoriasis manageable and practical.
Do your best to strive to these as an outline for each day.
Some days you will be better, some days you will cheat, BUT I want you to have these to fall back on and use as your foundation.
Do NOT do anything cold turkey – meaning, don’t quit any of your favorite foods for good. That approach will only hinder your progress via self-guilt when you have cheats (bound to happen occasionally).
A – Alkaline vs Acid Balance: The health of your bloodstream. That is your #1 goal, raising it from the depths of acidity into a healing environment that promotes regeneration of your immune system and the self-healing process. Strive each day to keep flooding your body with Alkaline Water. Try to have a green juice every other day to start, then work up to one a day.
B – Buffering The Belly: This is a little tactic that helps your body so much. The most important times to buffer are: first thing when you wake up in the morning (your most acidic), 30-45 minutes before an acidic-based meal, and right before bed. The easiest way to buffer is to flush in ONE liter of Alkaline Water first thing in the morning, 20-30 minutes before a meal and just before bed.
Won’t that make me stay up all night going to the bathroom?
YES, and you need to, especially while healing, because your body does it’s finest work while you sleep. When you are pumping in enough fuel to promote overtime, you will need to acid flush multiple times throughout the night. The basic rule is to go to the bathroom RIGHT when your body first signals, no matter when, to get rid of toxins. DON’T HOLD IT!
C – Chemical Combinations: There are certain combinations of foods and liquids that really screw up the chemistry of your guts. I notice bad combos being the main trigger for me. I don’t really have triggers any more, but combos will still twist my guts. Some common bad combos are milk in coffee, milk in cereal, well, milk in anything really. Drinking while eating creates liquid acid reactions. It’s better to not drink liquids during meals whenever possible.
Gluten, Dairy & Alcohol cause hell-fire reactions in the guts, simply because they end up being white, refined and fermented sugars that Candida and other potentially bad fungus thrive on.
You want a constant stream of water, juice, oils and the proper salts flowing through you. I will break down my 123s using the COWS approach.
1. Alkaline Water: I get asked a lot what I mean when I say Alkaline Water, I simply mean water with nutrients in it like lemon, chlorophyll, greens, and trace minerals. I make my Alkaline water using the following:
- I start every day with 20-32 fl oz of lemon water.
- I fill up my water bottle with Liquid Chlorophyll and Liquid Zinc Sulfate to sip on all day.
I strive for 3 liters of alkaline water every 24 hours. I keep it by my bedside and drink whenever I wake up. If you can’t get lemons/limes, putting the liquid chlorophyll in each liter is fine and GREAT for you! I also add a dropper of zinc along with that for trace minerals.
I also keep a bottle of green grass powders in the fridge. I have a cup of water with a 2 scoops mixed in the morning. These grasses are a powerful prebiotic (food source) for you gut bacteria. This strengthens your gut wall and heals Leaky Gut Syndrome.
Also, try unsweetened raw coconut water. The electrolytes fire up the body and heal the Liver. This is the best drink for before an after workouts, exercising to replenish electrolytes. Don’t drink Gatorade or other sports drinks they have NOTHING on coconut water. Coconut water counts towards your daily Alkaline Water intake goal.
Just doing this step will change the environment of your body quickly. It is essential to flush the systems constantly. Your relationship with water needs to be BFF style – Best Friends Forever.
Here’s what to get:
- Liquid Chlorophyll – http://amzn.to/2Fe3ETB
- Liquid Zinc Sulfate – https://amzn.to/2LPqFQU
- Wild Greens powder – https://amzn.to/2AFaWyA
Water keeps the vehicle moving.
2. Green Juicing: There is no better way to introduce essential vitamins and nutrients than fresh green juice. Drinking the juice takes all digestive pressure off the body, so it can focus only on assimilation of the fuel it needs and apply it directly to where it needs to go! Green juicing is how you detoxify and heal the blood. Once you are healing the blood, you are healing all the internal vital organs and systems.
Something as simple as one juice a day, can increase your vitality and energy levels. Once you start carving out all the ancient sediment and waste in your intestinal tract, liver, and colon, your body will become vibrant and renew itself automatically! Without any pills, imagine that.
Click Here for a slow masticating juicer to buy.
My basic Psoriasis Juice recipe consists of celery, cucumber, broccoli, spinach and/or kale, cilantro, ginger, green apple, kiwi and carrot. I used this recipe for almost two years now with great success! You can make a bunch of the greens and store in fridge for a few days of juice. Do NOT mix in the apple, kiwi, broccoli and carrot if you store the juice, as this will make it acidic. You can add it in separately, OR, just make it all fresh each day.
Then I’ll put in a green apple, 1 kiwi, thumb of ginger, handful of broccoli (including the magical stalk) and a handful of baby carrots per serving, to sweeten it to taste, Yummy! You can get as creative as you want with your juice, the baseline principle is to get as many greens in as possible
3. Daily Stretching, Breathing, Yoga and Qigong
Click Here for my list of Healing Foods to eat and things to minimize and avoid as much as you can.
You want to strive to lower your caloric intake. This takes pressure off the digestive system and allows the immune system to regenerate. There are more studies showing that doing a fast occasionally can really help regenerate immune cells and immune activity.
When you do eat, strive to minimize gluten, dairy, red meat, white sugar and junk foods. Notice, I use the word “minimize” and not “cut out”. This is because I want this to be self-empowering for you, not self-limiting. Focus on what you are ADDING, more than SUBTRACTING. This is how I succeeded the third time around. So if you have a beer, or a cookie, or a piece of pizza, you will not punish yourself with guilt. Just enjoy it, then get back to work on your alkaline water and foods.
Maximize, raw vegetables/fruits, cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil for cooking and try to keep you temperatures lower and cook al dente. Basically once any living food is at 200 degrees F or higher for more than a few minutes, it’s electro-activity dies. That’s a huge reason why raw foods are so beneficial. Their electrons are still vibrant and bouncing which causes a reaction in the cells.
CLICK HERE to check out my full list of remedies, foods, teas and herbal formulas
Here’s my top10 list of superfoods, raw plant-based foods for Psoriasis and diet:
1. Apples – organic if possible (wash well if not to remove pesticides), of all colors and kinds
2. Atlantic Dulse flakes – sprinkle on meals, in guacamole, on salads. Aim for 1-2 tablespoons daily
3. Grapes – organic if possible (wash well if not to remove pesticides), red or black are best
4. Cucumber, Celery and Broccoli (juice the stem for magical anti-oxidants)
5. Garlic and onion
6. Coconut – water, milk, flesh, oil any of it. Drink coconut water in afternoon
7. Avocado (make guacamole with half lime, garlic, onion, cilantro, natural seasoning) and munch down with organic corn or veggie chips, cucumbers, celery sticks, carrots) – try to eat 1 per day if possible.
8. Spinach, leafy greens, eat a salad everyday.
9. Sweet potatoes and potatoes, cook then let cool in fridge for more resistant starch (organic, don’t worry about the nightshades thing)
10. Turmeric and Italian Seasonings (shake on all meals)
Here is my top10 list of powerful herbs to heal:
9. Turmeric (with black pepper)
Add them to your salads, guacamole, cooking, smoothies, juices, teas everywhere! They make your kitchen smell lovely too.
It’s so important to remember to NOT measure progress in any one given day, good or bad.
[…] My Psoriasis Diet […]