I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, this is a great time of year for me, as my Birthday falls smack dab in the middle of Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was born on ole Pearl Harbor day, so the holiday season is amplified for me! This particular holiday season has been a bit less exhilarating, due to what I’m learning and experiencing are the growing pains as I gain more knowledge each day on how to heal my Psoriasis effectively. This will be a discussion from my perspective on this most important realization and experience on the road to curing Psoriasis naturally.
About two weeks into the transition towards an Alkaline way of eating and living, I felt the die-off coming on. This was a period of time I expected, was happy when I felt it coming on, since it means that the toxins and pathogens in my tissues and blood were beginning to… well… die off (I explain this more in that post).
This was the beginning of the phase that I am calling “the growing pains of healing Psoriasis”. Here are the top 5 issues I’m experiencing in order of chronological sequence and severity of pain (5 being the most):
1. General fatigue
2. Diarrhea & digestive pain
3. extra spots & rash
4. joint aches & pains
5. Swollen glands (lymph nodes)
These are the struggles you are soon to experience as you exorcise these demons from all body tissue. Your body is turning into the most over-worked waste management system and will remain on code red for the next 6 months, depending on how much waste removal and healing you have to accomplish. There will be traffic jams, accidents, stiffness, soreness, pain, frustration and you will be downright ornery as your body battles and removes liters of waste. Remember not only the toxin pathogens, but the waste of their death, all must go! It’s wholesale time!!
1. GENERAL FATIGUE: The first aspect that will set in is fatigue. This is natural, as your body will be rerouting energy to the digestive system’s healing process, the vital organs restructuring and reprogramming, along with all the logistics of both your lymphatic system and cardiovascular system. You will be tired, you’ll have random stretches of sleepiness throughout the day. After eating, you’ll want to rest upright for a while. The key here is to get plenty of rest. I mean TONS. I have been sleeping 8-9 hours per night, along with one 3-4 hour nap per week on a weekend day. When you are in REM sleep, your body can focus entirely on the waste distribution and removal process. Also, this premptive rest you are gaining now, will have you better prepared for the more arduous, painful phases to come as you enter the full alternative psoriasis treatment modes.
2. DIARRHEA & DIGESTIVE PAIN: I won’t get too deeply into this topic, as I think we all know the symptoms and i want to keep these posts PG-13 at most. As your digestive system starts to heal, the walls of your intestinal tract will be very sensitive and vulnerable. It is so important to lower your daily solid food intake at first in a healthy fashion during this time. So the evacuation organs can heal. The kidneys, liver, colon and all the miles of tract in between need help now more than ever. Help with the following quick tip for each organ respectively; lime/lemon in room temp water ALL the time, milk thistle in liquid form (25 drops into a cup of water and drink on empty stomach), Slippery elm tea, green juices (celery, cucumber, broccoli as base) and American Safflower tea for your intestines and colon cleansing. You should reach a consistent schedule of daily bowel movements and stay on the same pace. This is a strong sign of an improving, quality healing environment.
3. EXTRA SMALL PSORIASIS SPOTS & RASH: New small spots will start to show up in groups and rash around your oldest, largest plaques. I notice the most on my extremities such as the lower leg and on my forearms. You can see my left arm here, for an example of these small batches of spots. Also, rash will break out around your lymph nodes, all signs of the body working hard to remove years of excess poison and toxins from the body tissues. As your skin has been doing with Psoriasis, helping the digestive system remove invader waste, it will now do with extra small spots, removing the invaders and their waste.
I imagine these small spots will start to vanish as my system aligns and comes back to it’s original natural balance of life’s processes. Try your hardest not to itch and scratch mindlessly, rather, rub and massage consciously with your eyes closed while taking the deepest breathes you can, INHALLLLLLE… EXHALLLLLLLE. Over and over, focus on your breathing and center.
4. JOINT ACHES & PAINS: Your joints, especially those at the extremities, are a perfect hiding space for fleeing invaders. As your blood and tissue become more alkaline, and the pathogens are on the run, they will try to settle in your wrists, knees, elbows, anywhere they can hide out. This will result in a relative soreness, no severe pain, just stiffness and a general uneasiness. Find a good novice Yoga routine to do, to keep yourself stretched and limber. Do light aerobic exercises, such as brisk walking, or light swimming & water-treading. Stay generally active, hydrated, and rested to ease the joints and keep your cardio system moving at an even keel. Exercise and water are the best ways to keep achy joints from stopping you during the P healing time.
5. SWOLLEN NECK GLANDS (ENLARGED IRRITATED LYMPH NODES): I have been going through this for the past 4-5 days and I will tell you right now, it will be the hardest obstacle of the 5. About 2 days after thanksgiving, I woke up feeling as if I had slept wrong on my side and dislodged my neck somehow. I have done this before, and in about 48 hours, with ice, stabilizer and self-massage, it dissipates away. This was different. The pain was coming in waves, like a subwoofer, sometime shooting down my shoulders and into my arms. I believed I had a pinched nerve at first, but that pain is on a different schedule.
What I realized, after some self-education and research on the Lymphatic system and the hubs known as Lymph Nodes, that i was dealing with the pressure and pain of an excess of toxins being removed from the tissue and dumped into the blood by my white blood cells.
I believe, now that I am helping my immune system heal, it is responding by an aggressive waste management campaign, calling upon the lymphatic system to work over time, day & night, until we get to that healthy balance and alignment of digestion and evacuation.
This aggressive campaign is causing traffic jams in the major lymph hubs, located on the front and back of the neck, and back base of my skull. Target these areas with a deep self massage. Rub in a circular fashion until you find the knots, and then move those down and out through the shoulders with your thumbs and fingers. It’s best to move in a one-way direction towards the heart when you are massaging the lymph system. Help the waste trucks move in the proper direction. While you do this, take deep breathes, five seconds in, five seconds out, consistently, as you massage gently wit an oil or lotion. Do this massage 5 times a day, and use a cool pack or bag of ice, to rub down your lower head, neck and top of your shoulders.
My neck pain is finally starting to subside a bit, and I think this will continue to a certain extent throughout the major phases of the excess toxin and tissue waste dumping process.
I Am Confident That I Am Healing My Psoriasis Now
Now don’t worry, this horror story has a happy ending! I can tell you honestly at this moment, my Psoriasis symptoms have decreased by almost 50%.
How did I get to this percentage?
Well, yesterday, was the first day in five years, that I did not take a shower or use lotion! Usually, if i skip a day of my P-hygiene approach, I’m a krusty krab. BUT, yesterday was different. In conclusion, I deduce that my skin regenerates about 50% slower than it’s Psoriatic norm. Today, I feel great, my conviction and determination is strengthening each and every day. I know I’m on my way, and will stick to it as a good Warrior does.
My 72 hours green juice fast begins tomorrow and runs through to my birthday. No better way to bring in my 31st year than a full cleansing!! Wish me luck, I’ll have a full report of the ups and downs of juice fasting next week.