Last Updated: February 10th, 2020:
Psoriasis is just the tip of the iceberg. It’s on the skin, but not due to a skin issue. All of the remedies I link here I use myself and they are for healing the body, which will then clear the skin. The gut, bowel, lymph and other systems need repair. Keep your blade sharp and your mind open!
- Probiotics. I use Dr. Ohhira’s Professional Formula, Saccharomyces Boulardii from Klaire Labs and Ozona Organics Psoriasis Formula.
- B12 (adenosylcobalamin with methylcobalamin) – This is the most important vitamin. B12 is the methylation vitamin, it is used by the liver to absorb nutrients into the bloodstream. This enhances all plant foods you add to the diet. We are what we absorb. The plant and soil probiotics above also produce B12 as a byproduct.
- Zinc (liquid zinc sulfate) – Zinc is depleted quickly on chronic inflammation state and is necessary to healing process. It is hard to find in whole plant foods, so I supplement.
- Magnesium (glycinate) – Magnesium is depleted quickly on chronic inflammation state and is necessary to healing process. It is hard to find in whole plant foods, so I supplement.
- Atlantic Dulse flakes – Sprinkle on guacamole, hummus, salads, meals. This seaweed is very good at eliminating heavy metals from the body.
- Liquid Chlorophyll (paraben free)
- Colloidal Silver Water – (I use this every other day at most.) – I get it from my herbalist Ray Oostdyk in Roanoke, VA, call him to order.
- Wild Greens | Click here to order – This is a power-packed source of phytonutrients for overall health,
cleansing the liver and the blood, this is where clearing the skin begins! The goal of Wild Greens was to create a high quality green food product that consistently worked with a vast majority of patients. The herbs needed to be nutritive without being overtly medicinal so they could be consumed daily and nourish the body with a therapeutic dose of nutraceuticals and phytochemicals. The contents are a blend of nettle, chickweed, Siberian lettuce, dandelion leaf, and couchgrass.
- Vitamin D3 – This is a vital hormone for immune function, manufactured by the body with sun exposure. When sunlight is difficult to obtain year round, supplementing Vitamin D3 (along with magnesium as a cofactor), can work ok. Nothing beast getting some sensible sunlight here and there on the skin.
OTHER ITEMS TO GET:
- Castor Oil (cold pressed) | Castor Oil Organic Organic Highest Quality
- Organic Coconut-based Lotion
- Essential Oils Diffuser – Bring healing in through aromatherapy and leave a pleasant scent all throughout your home. You add a few drops of essential oils and fill with filtered water, then turn it on for hours to clean the air, kill off mold and mildew and breathe in deep every time you walk by.
- Angel Juicer Pro – This is an incredible machine. It’s very expensive but is in a league of it’s own and will last forever. I got one as a gift, which is the only reason I have one. If you have money to spend, this is a worthy investment. I have used it for almost five years, it continues right along as new.
- Omega Masticating Juicer – An affordable slow-revolving masticating juicer. This ensures you get the most bang for your buck with the celery you buy. You get more of the life-giving enzymes and cluster salts with a masticating juicer.
- Hamilton Beach Juicer – Very affordable and durable juicer. I used this one for over 2 years, 100s of juices, never broke down.
- Nutribullet Magic Bullet Blender – Very affordable and durable blender. Very easy to clean, have a nutritious smoothie ready in 5 minutes.
- Celtic Sea Salt and Himalayan Pink Salt – dissolve a pinch in water for trace minerals or sprinkle on food.
Hemp CBD (cannabidiol) supplements & topicals heal Psoriasis:
The skin has it’s own ECS (endocannabinoid system) which has receptors that are activated by cannabinoids. There are very interesting studies and trials showing the efficacy of CBD on the ECS in healing Psoriasis and other chronic skin issues. CBD benefits the nervous system and immune system directly and quickly. This brings instant relief to itching, pain, redness and reduces inflammation fast.
CBD will take a little while to activate the ECS’ receptors. As this happens, I have experienced a lot of positive benefits. I have noticed MUCH less anxiety, incredible pain relief, less itching/scratching, better sleep, balanced moods, less impulsive, more relaxed, shaking in hands and feet is gone, and of course, the inflammation on my skin going way down, awesome stuff.
Quality is everything, so look for manufacturers who are cold-processing the whole plant which ensures that the CBD (cannabidiol) remedies are fully-laced with all the most beneficial cannabinoids and other compounds, including natural terpenes. It’s what they call Full Spectrum, and it’s designed to provide outstanding results. These products also contain NO or virtually no THC, which is the compound that creates the “high”.
I use a battery to heat CBD oil and breathe it in, also known as vaping. I discuss this is in my most recent breakdown video. I find it a great way to bring in a consistent flow of CBD in a highly absorbable way.
HERBAL TEAS FOR PSORIASIS:
Add some raw honey and cinnmamon for taste and more healing.
- Burdock Root
- Dandelion Root
- Nettle Leaf
- Lemon Balm
- Liver Detox
- Skin Detox
- Berry Detox
- Raspberry Leaf
- Rose Hips
FRUITS, HERBS, VEGGIES, JUICING, SMOOTHIES:
Eat as much fruits during the day, try juicing and water fasting during the day sometimes. The less the body needs to digest solids, the more it can focus on elimination and healing, the faster you heal! Remember this is not permanent, just as long as it takes to get well.
- Wild Blueberries (frozen)
- Celery (12-16oz juiced in the morning on empty stomach)
- Ginger root
- Sweet Potato
- Leafy Greens
- – Spinach
- – Romaine
- – Red Leaf
- – Butter Leaf
- – Green Leaf
- Nettle Leaf (tea / alcohol-free tincture)
- Burdock Root (tea / alcohol-free tincture)
- – Blackberries
- – Raspberries
- Cruciferous Veggies
- – Broccoli
- – Cabbage
- – Kale
- – Cauliflower
- Aloe Vera
- Red Clover
- Mushrooms (Chaga, Shiitake, Button, Cordyceps, etc)
- — Psoriatic Arthritis ———————-
- Ginger root
- Sweet Potato
- Cat’s Claw (alcohol-free tincture)
- Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Oregano, Basil
- Licorice Root (alcohol-free tincture)
- Rose Hips (tea / alcohol-free tincture)
- Dandelion (tea / alcohol-free tincture)
- Red Apples
- Black Grapes
- Melons (Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Honeydew)
- Lemon Balm (tea / alcohol-free tincture)
- Atlantic Seaweed (Kelp, Dulse, Spirulina)
- Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Raw Wildflower Honey
- Skullcap (alcohol-free tincture)
- Butternut Squash
- Wild Rice
- Hemp Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Raw Almonds
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Olive Oil cold-pressed
- Avocado Oil cold-pressed
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Hummus (NO canola oil)
Top 10 Herbs to use all the time
- Cilantro (coriander)
Things To Avoid & Minimize
- heavy metals (copper, mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminum etc)
- pesticides, herbicides, glyphosate (“Roundup”)
- white refined sugars, corn syrups, sugar-free substitutes, refined honey (I use raw unfiltered honey, it’s strong anti-viral)
- GMO products
- canola oil (it is hidden in “blends” in lots of products and restaurants)
- dairy products (try ghee, coconut milk or almond milk, use goat or low-fat feta cheeses)
- conventional wheat products (get organic and ancient grains)
- conventional corn & soy products (get organic, gmo-free corn chips, tortillas, etc, avoid GMOs and herbicides)!!
- “natural flavors” you don’t know source of
- conventional household chemicals
- fluoride, bromide, chlorine
- OTC painkillers
- junk, processed, fast, fried foods
- conventional pork
- conventional eggs (go pasture-raised, cage-free)
- conventional red meat products (go local or grass fed)
- canned tuna or other canned meats or foods
- nightshades if you are sensitive to them*
- use of aluminum foil for storing and cooking foods
- antibiotics (unless emergency situation, be sure to use these probiotics during and after done https://phwarrior.com/probiotics
- electromagnetic toxins (don’t charge your cellphone or other devices right next to your body while you sleep, no screens in the dark, no laptops on your lap. Don’t sleep with your devices.)
- get all conventional household chemicals you don’t use out of your house
- Be sure to check your house for mold. You can use cedar oil and borax mixtures to kill mold back. Do NOT use anti-fungals
I eat potatoes and spicy peppers occassionally. Now that my stomach is strong, I can better digest and eliminate things.
SOURCES THAT I USE AS MY BASIS FOR NATURAL HEALING:
- The 4 Agreements
- Liver Rescue: Answers to Eczema, Psoriasis, Diabetes, Strep, Acne by Medical Medium
- Medical Medium
- Life-Changing Foods by Medical Medium
- Medical Medium Thyroid Healing
- Medical Medium Radio Shows
- Healing Crisis
- Dr Chris Kresser
- Wired To Eat – Robb Wolf
- The Good Gut – Drs Erica & Justin Sonnenburg
- Body Restoration – Dr Michael Lebowitz
- EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques – Gary Craig
- The Tapping Solution – Nick Ortner
- Radiant – Hanna Sillitoe
- God’s Preventitive Medicine – Dr Michael Lebowitz
- Epigenetics: The Death of the Genetic Theory of Disease Transmission
- Muscadine Medicine
- You Can Heal Your Life
- Dr. Robert Morse – Youtube Videos
- Montreal Healthy Girl – Youtube Videos
- Salt Your Way To Health
- Bushido: The Soul Of Japan
- Swordless Samurai
- The Power Of Now
- The Mind Illuminated
- Iodine Crisis
- Healing Psoriasis by Dr. Pagano
YOUR NATURAL HEALING PRACTICE (NHP) AT HOME:
- PHYTOCHEMICAL ANTIOXIDANT DIET – 90 ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS
- FRUITS, HERBS, VEGETABLES, ALKALINE WATER, LIQUID FASTING WILL HEAL THE BODY FAST!
- ALKALINE WATER
- ANY FRUITS ARE OK; FROZEN WILD BLUEBERRIES, PAPAYA, BANANA, BERRIES, MELONS, GRAPES
- FRUITS AND VEGGIES – SOAK NON-ORGANIC FRUITS & VEGGIES IN COLD WATER AND THIS Non-Toxic Cleaner Concentrate
- JUICING & SMOOTHIES
- SALADS 5-10 MINUTES BEFORE DINNER. (EAT THEM WHILE YOU COOK.)
- CLICK HERE TO REVIEW MY FULL GROCERY SHOPPING LIST!
- GET SMALL DOSES OF SUNLIGHT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
MINIMIZE (the less you eat of this stuff, the faster you will heal)
- CONVENTIONAL WHEAT
- WHITE SUGAR, CORN SYRUPS, ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS
- JUNK FOOD AND SODA
- CONVENTIONAL EGGS
- CONVENTIONAL CORN, CANOLA, & SOY PRODUCTS
- “NATURAL FLAVORS”
- CANOLA OIL
It is all about C.O.W.S. (Chlorophyll, Oils, Water, Salts) as a big part of your daily Psoriasis diet.
DRINK YOURSELF WELL!!
Healing Foods are important but the LIQUIDS will cure you. What I suggest here transcends diet. This is herbal medicine for reversing causes of Psoriasis. Do what you can, as you can, slowly build things into your practice.