“What the heck Matt, how can you be thankful for this awful skin condition?!?”
Stick with me and I’ll take you on a journey of 7 years over the next 7 minutes with 7 Gears of Gratitude I have developed and live by now.
My 7 Gears of Gratitude for healing psoriasis naturally
- Humility: By the end of 2011, psoriasis had spread to cover most every inch of my body, I lathered steroids on my scalp, face, genitals, eyes, ears, nose and all over so I could face the world. I was angry and my ego ran my life. “Why Me?” I felt no one listened to me, yet I listened very little and my life was falling apart. Psoriasis was just a shard of glass hitting the ground breaking into thousands more pieces.
I had hit rock bottom, and the only way to go was UP. So, in summer 2012 that’s what I started doing, climbing. I’m thankful I know the bottom for myself and I know how to climb. The process of natural healing has humbled me entirely. Through this humility, I have found grace. With grace, my skin is healing.
- Empathy: In 2013, I published my first video. A desperate plea for someone, some stranger, who felt the pain I felt, to listen to me. I was screaming inside, and thirsty for blood. I was simply angry about psoriasis, and that was it. When I shared content, and Warriors began rising to the call. I realized my challenge was to Listen. Listen to each Warrior Soul scream out for Change which helps me Grow. Through this Empathy, I have found a Tribe. With my Tribe, my skin is healing.
- Vitality: As my 1st phase of healing came to an end in summer 2014, my skin cleared completely, I then knew I was capable. I knew I was an Agent of Change for my life. The Victim was dying and the Warrior was birthing. I had gotten rid of an incurable disease! I realized everything I think, do, eat, move & say effects my vitality. My body began reaching it’s true limitless potential as my mind focused more on optimal health. My ego was still my nemesis at this time and destroyed me twice more to come, using stress as Zeus’s lightning bolts, the Ego is Zeus. It ruled over me still. But I knew that healing my body was within my growing power. Through this Vitality, I have found strength. With strength, my skin is healing.
- Epiphany: When phase 2 began in January 2015, the breakout was much worse than chronic psoriasis ever was. I fell deep into self-doubt. I had thousands of people relying on me and I was disappearing. “MATT, i thought you healed your skin, what happened?!?! Why did it come back?!?!” I did not have tangible answers to that question. Doubt is a monster that must be tamed into Man’s Best Friend.
I went back to the drawing board, found new literature, rebuilt my practice and bought into another long multi-year process. “It took me a long time to get that sick, it is going to take a good many years to heal entirely.” I came back to my tribe. For the first time, I asked for help. I had the sudden sparking realization that I am in this for MUCH more than just healing psoriasis and the Warrior World now burns bright. All of my efforts transcend dis-eases. I am meant for much more. Through this Epiphany, I have found purpose. With purpose, my skin is healing.
- Tranquility: During phase 2, 2015-17, the hardest physical years of my life, I worked on training my Mind. The body had to go through deep pain and tribulation so my mind must be cool, calm, collected and comfortable. I began meditating, nature walking and listening to mental teachers. My research forked down a whole new direction. I began a personal ‘offline’ journal. I focused on my cursive penmanship and deep thoughts that were magnetizing to emotions. Where I put my attention is where I put my energy. I wanted to put all of my mental and emotional energy into the healing process my body had to vest. This was a long, hard road of self-deprecation through nuanced iteration with pulsating persistence.
I built affirmations to change the inner-dialogue that was hurting me. This dialogue had nothing to do with psoriasis, that just gave my mind something to target. What I realized is, I was always my target. That is what I worked on changing. I know longer target myself with guilt, blame or anxiety. Now, stress is naturally leaving my life. Stress reduction is not a destination, it is omnipresent. It is being a tranquil lake amidst a raging sea. This takes objective work with equanimity. “What is inside and outside of my control? Then focus my thoughts and actions only on what is inside my control.” Through this Tranquility, I have found peace. With peace, my skin is healing.
- Prosperity: When phase 3 began in January 2019, and my legs broke out brutally again for a 3RD TIME, I realized that I was a New, Stronger Warrior this time. It did not shake me like the phase 2 outbreak had. I had reached a new plateau of existence. One where I am calm as the world falls apart around me into chaos. An existence where my sword is sharp, my canteen full, my eye keen, my ears open, my body STRONG. My body is stronger now than it ever was. I had built my body to prosper. Psoriasis is going away, but that is just one ailment. My Heart is strong and open. I run 5K distances now no problem. My body is a finely tuned machine. I’m limber, agile and flexible. All of the “old injuries” are completely gone and I have more flexibility in my back and joints now, than I did at 16 years old.
I have built this for myself. Now I get to enjoy this World with this Strong Body for many more years than I would have if I had never been punched, kicked, dragged, ripped, sliced, shredded, fleshed, scraped and burned across the coals of psoriasis for the past 18 years. This has given me a True Grit which I am Thankful for. I’m objective, tough, aware and patient. Through this Prosperity, I have found Self. With Self, my skin is healing.
- Unity: Now that phase 3 is coming to an end, my skin is clearing and healing beautifully. My back is almost 100% clear, my legs, my beasts of burden are calming down. My body is fully annihilating the chronic infections and poisons that have been causing the psoriasis the whole time. Will there be a phase 4 that begins in January 2021? There might be, no one knows and who cares. I don’t spasm in speculation any longer.
I don’t waste my mind’s energy thinking about future doom or past mistakes any longer. I simply learn from mistakes so that they become lessons and I stay steadfast in optimizing my present moment as I know the future is simply a Pyramid built on Present Moments. I bask in my beautiful Warriors who rally around me. They rally around each other. Most importantly, Each Warrior rallies around SELF. Through this Unity, I have found meaning. With meaning, my skin is healing.
What are you thankful for?
I look forward to your insights. Build your Gears of Gratitude and watch psoriasis and other chronic pains fade away from your life. I know you can do this. I’m human, I’m doing this, you’re human, you can do this too.
You’re the Cure.
Much Love, Mad Respect, More Healing.