As I went through my stretches today, (for the first time in over a week), I focused on gratitude and self-affirmations. So as I sit here now sipping down some American Saffron tea and lemon water, getting back to the plateau I had reached, I want to mark my journey to date, some ups and downs, and then reaffirm my practice using the agreements I originally built it on.
Confessional: I reached an amazing level with my healing and clearing of P in November 2014, right at the 2 year mark of my decision to take action on my own and go down a radical natural path. That two years is the foundation for the rest of my life. It was the hardest two years of my life, the scariest, I faced most every fear, I found ways to move all of my energy and choices away from fear entirely.
So, going into this two year mark, I decided I needed a break from my strict regimen. I had trips planned, holidays coming up, lots of awesome things going online with Psoriasis. I knew that slipping from my practice was inevitable, and eating some of my favorite foods was welcomed! The unfortunate aspect of this hiatus was my eating choices, and slipping the farthest I had away from my practice… I’ve been having the funnest few months of my life in other words, lol!
My body is very resilient now. I felt somewhat invincible. Well, now, my body needs me again. Psoriasis is creeping back on my scalp, navel and groin, and this is not the Way of the Warrior. I know firmly these things about myself now:
- I know what to do.
- I know and believe my natural practice works.
- I need to assess my budget to to get what I need when I can.
- I am a Warrior now, with an open mind and a strong community.
- I take action and full responsibility, I am accountable to my body, listening to and following it’s signals.
I have realized these past few fun months, that I spent with many family and friends, that I fell far below the plateau and level my body needs me to be at to keep fighting and win this battle with Psoriasis, whatever is causing it, for Good.
In other words, now is the time, for me to Rise Up! It is time build up my convictions back to where they were two years in and continue to increase my plateau of health and vitality.
Next time, I will be better, when I decide to take a ‘hiatus’. Taking a break is natural and it is IMPORTANT. This is part of our lives and we must live. I stopped living by the 7th year of my Psoriasis. It was defeating me completely. I have reached such a higher level, and I see this happening in many others’ lives now that I work with.
This beautiful strength, coming from self, and vesting all unknowns. This incredible journey through the worst and best of times. The pain that must be experienced to leave pain behind. This is always a journey, that is life. Getting lost in the process, and being the best I can be at all times, even when I feel my worst.
I will Rise Up on the ground, and use that same Earth to heal thyself. We fall, so that we may learn to pick ourselves back up.
I love and live by a book called The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz, a brilliant book. I will reaffirm my self and my convictions, to dedicate and persevere based on these same simple agreements I built my practice on two quick years ago. Here they are for those who haven’t come across this short must-read yet. This is from the book’s website, then I’ll discuss what each means to me below:
1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
These guidelines really impacted my paradigm shift and practical transition towards healing myself of Psoriasis. The process of going down an alternative natural route is very unknown and frightening. Going against the tide of better judgement of others who love and care about you. My process is based in self-care and loving myself. I have noticed lately, as I had very good times, but ate very acidic, drank, smoked, that I fell away from my self-care and hence my peaceful alignment.
So today, I will Rise Up! and I am doing this by following the agreements above as they mean to me, which is:
- Be Impeccable with my Word: I have to be honest with myself, and therefore easy on myself as I transition back to the daily juicing, water and eating clean that got me to the highest level I have ever accomplished. I will do this by being completely transparent and candid with Everyone who cares about me and follows me on this journey. This journal entry is the proof of my honesty and my integrity is my word, I will always speak the truth.
- Don’t Take Anything Personally: I’ve realized I’m losing patience with myself, feeling upset with myself that I slipped to a point where my body is regressing a tiny bit. This is a useless motivation. It does nothing for me, and it is because I am taking it personally. Once I do that now, I take other things personally, that others do or say to me, I get very sensitive and short. This is a bi-product of slipping away from my regimen. Health and vitality of my body is in totality, not in separation. I need to live and treat others this way, the practice I’ve built, at all times and Never will I be “the victim of needless suffering.” That is a powerful proverb to hold close, avoiding needless suffering.
- Don’t Make Assumptions: This has certainly transformed my life. As soon as I went online with blog posts, and a group on Facebook, everything changed. Over those six months from July – December 2013, when I made my blog and started Psoriasis Healing Warriors, which is my proudest endeavor of my life, I became fully dedicated to persevering and clearing Psoriasis forever. It was a beautiful moment, and the moment came because I reached out, and stopped assuming that I was alone. My assumption of being alone came from nine years of dealing with a disorder that drives loneliness. It made me a recluse, and the more I disappeared, the less I lived and it was ALL based on my assumptions of what all others thought of my P. Like a mask I had to explain before myself could enter the consciousness of others. This agreement changed my life and my outlook on Psoriasis and I overcame it completely. This small regression now, is a big deal to me, because of the new person I am. It is not a big flare, considering I went from 90% down to 0%… I would say now I’m at 1% or less. This warrior only will settle for 0% P and 110% me. That comes from asking others and learning from all the Warriors I have met and now practice along side of. We win this fight together.
- Always Do My Best: … ALWAYS, at all times, no matter how much sleep I didn’t get, or how itchy I am, or how alone I want to be for the moment. I will do my best, EVEN at my worst. This is what I have to offer, it allows me to be ultimately in alignment and with self-care as my main objective, I am above circumstances and drama. I don’t judge anyone else, and most importantly, I don’t judge myself and the choices I make, even the stupid ones. I have made some ignorant mistakes, as I slipped down a bit from my level. It is inherent, that as your body becomes weaker, your mentality can suffer. I then punish myself for doing so. I realize this is foolish, and when I don’t spend focus or energy on that, just naturally being the best I can be for everyone in any certain situation…heck, life is just plain Easier.
Well, I hope my reaffirmation, that I decided to put down on paper, helped others who may be on their path, and going through the worst of times, yet being their best and being courageous enough to live in action and in the truth. I know this natural path is hard. Just take it easy on yourself, and I promise you I will do the same for myself and that’s the least we can do for each other, ;). Life is hard, other can do the worst most wicked things, I will always be benevolent and will always lend a hand to those who need me. This makes me the best I can be.
Click here to purchase a copy of The 4 Agreements to read.
What do The Four Agreements mean to you? Tell me your #RiseUp pledge!
My legs have been doing a lot better, just small bouts of acne on right knee, as I rise my level back up!