T & R… Transition and Routine, this will be where I start my mission. I cannot stress enough how important this will be to the battle plan. One with out the other is useless, and a Warrior is powerless without these elements in perfect sync. This is what I have figured out the most, after attempting and failing a lifestyle diet change 3x before, and let me tell you now, the 4th time will be a Charm. This time will be special, it will be the the moment where I help my body instead of hindering it. I control diet most imminently, it’s physical, chemistry, organic.. Food is Fuel. Food is Medicine.
Psoriasis Diet Lifestyle Shift
To move in to a new mindset, one must have Transition & Routine methods firmly established. Stay Practical & Persistent when you approach this methodology. What I am saying is, define clearly your definition of the path necessary to transition a lifestyle Change via routine. Every day, you make a step in the right direction, every day, one less cup of coffee, every day, one less cigarette, every day one step closer to healing your Psoriasis or any Auto Immune (AI) disorder and beyond with your choices.
My personal set of Commandments to Transition a firm lifestyle & diet change, aka paradigm shift, in the mind (which controls everything else in this universe):
- Break old habits
- Pretend morning is night
- Sugar feeds the invader
- If it’s in the house, i’LL eat it
- Oxygen is more important than water which is just as important 🙂 so breath deeply and drink!
- Lemon and/or Lime are your best friends, get used to the sour
- Green is the new Red (Think of an avocado as a steak)
- Get a lil sun
- Stretch my muscles, or better yet, move em
- take atleast 5 breaks from my work each day.
Now, remember, before you start to move towards these 10 steps, the first aspect you must accomplish, is being candidly honest with yourself. No one else, just yourself. Take into account your three E’s, Environment | Emotions | Eat before you start practicing these steps every day. This will help measure a time frame on Your own spectrum of health. If you are not brutally truthful with yourself, and moment aware at all times, you will struggle to make it on this path to Healing Psoriasis.
A Warrior’s Story is the Journey, his Honesty is the Map
1. BREAKING HABITS – The art of habit breaking, that is a tough one. We get so stuck in our ways and what we choose to throw in our mouths at record paces. We work hard, we play hard, we live life to the fullest, But, a Psoriatic must overcome a disorder that is in the way. An issue the Immune System needs the Warrior’s help with. In order to get by this huge roadblock in the path, we have to be smart, and proactive. So, I swear, that I will use this blog as my testament to myself “Ode to Me” and whomever else happens upon it. It will be the Map that I draw, the day I started being completely honest with myself and helped my body heal Psoriasis. That time is now… This is the time. There is a saying that “habits are broken in about 2 weeks”. I say, they can be removed completely on an indefinite time schedule. Just methodically approach the transition.
2. PRETEND MORNING IS NIGHT – From Dawn till Dusk. This is a tough one, maybe the toughest. For me, I was raised eating delicious large meals later at night, from 8-9pm. I carried this conditioning into college and beyond, eating large late night meals, highly acidic in content of course. So, as I engage my T&R plan for healing my psoriasis, this is my main focus of practice. Like anything else in life, wether you were in athletics, dance, band, science club, chess club, PRACTICE was everything, it didn’t make perfect, but it was the potential grabber. It gets you there, where you want to be, with anything in your life. So slowly start moving dinner earlier, move lunch to a brunch. Snack on veggies throughout the day, always have hummus, guacamole, olive oil/apple cidar vinegar/herbamare dips ready. The most difficult aspect, is eating breakfast. I was not brought up eating a timely consistent breakfast, and never have in my life. So, I’m slowly adding something small to eat after my morning liquid routine.
- Room temperature (NOT cold, NO ice)
- At least 1 quarter squeeze of lemon or lime
- PHion alkalizing & ionizing drops (10-12 drops per liter)
- 4 liters per day
I have a Targus liter bottle I got at target